Friday, October 8, 2010

I Imprinted on a vampire...Whoops!(Leah Clearwater){03}


Leah’s P.O.V
"Leah these books are giving me a headache!" Seth whined for the hundredth time today.
"Not my problem." I snapped at him.
Alice sent us to the library to see what we could research about the new vampires. We’ve been in here for three hours. So far we got nothing. Nada. Zip.
I closed the book I just pulled out and went back to looking. I looked to my right to see Seth playing with the ladder. Sliding from side to side.
"Seth your supposed to looking to ya know" I complained.
" Got tired of looking." He said with a shrug.
I sighed and kept on looking at the bottom rows while Seth continued with the ladder.
I was about to give up when I felt something hit my head.
"Ow" I said even though it didn’t hurt. I looked up and saw Seth with a grin spread across his face.
"Wipe that grin off your face or I’ll do it for you" I threatened him
"Wipe that grin off you face or I’ll do for you" He mocked me making stupid faces.
"Really Seth I thought you got over that in third grade" I threw back at him as I bent down to pick up the book he threw on me.
The cover was interesting.
It was just a plain green color. It had no author or title. I was curious. I opened up to the first page.
Elena Gilbert
I guess I found the author. I flipped to the next page.
This was a diary, But how did it end up at a library?
The first page was about how she was excited about her parents buying her a diary. The typical stuff. I was about to put it back when something in my gut told me I should read it.
"Seth I’m leaving" I announced as I walked away not even bothering to look at Seth as I did. Cause I know all he’ll do is whine.
I walked to the same old deli shop I’ve been going to for years.
I swung the old door open and a gush of cool air conditioning hit my face. I smiled and relaxed. The cool feels good against my skin especially with my temperature. I walked up to the counter to see it was Dylan’s shift.
I let out a sigh.
Dylan always had a crush on me but I don’t like him.
"Hi Leah" Dylan smiled at me with his big round brown eyes.
His spiky jet black hair covered in a layer of gel.
I hate that. When guys put too much gel on their hair, It’s not such a turn on when a guys hair is plastered with gel.
"Hi Dylan, can I get coffee and a tuna sandwich" I said giving him a forced smile.
"Coming right up’ He said before he turned around.
I walked to the back of the room and sat down waiting for my order to be called.
I opened the book to the page I was on.
So far it wasn’t that interesting, it was all about Elena being the queen bee of the school and how her best friend Matt asked her out.
She said yes to him but still said that she felt a little awkward because they grew up together and that was still weird but she was getting used to it.
Elena Gilbert seemed shallow but it seems that there was something bothering her.
Caroline.
I pictured her as one of those girls the pretends to your friend but only want to take you down.
I could almost see her fake smiles by the was Elena described her.
How she would pretend to support her when Elena won something but inside she was burning with jealously.
Next came Bonnie.
Bonnie seemed a lot like Angela. She would always be there for you, and had this never ending positive spirit.
I was getting so into the book that I almost jumped out of my skin when Dylan brought me my food.
I murmured a quick thank you and paid.
Walking home mystery boy had slipped into my mind.
I wonder how his first day of school went? I hope that Claire hadn’t sunk her self-absorbed cheerleading teeth in him.
The slight image of her kissing him filled me up with this anger. I couldn’t place so I just shook it off.
I guess I wasn’t looking were I was walking and almost fell on my face.
Until two pale hands snaked around my waist and caught me.
"Hi again." His voice made my heart race. I felt like I was on cloud nine.
I looked up to see the same icy blue eyes that made a shiver pass through my spine. He had a smile on his face. The smile that made my stomach do flips.
"Hi." Was all I could say.
It was like all of the words had just slipped from my head. I was high on him.
His hands were still wrapped around my waist. I looked up at him a saw him smile.
His smile made my heart skip a beat. I was happy that he was happy. I was happy that I could make him smile. He looked back down at me.
I felt a smile creep it’s way to my lips.
He must have noticed were his hand were because he immediately pulled them away. I frowned.
I was perfectly comfortable in his hands.
"I’m Hayden Night." He offered his hand for me to shake.
Hayden Night. So that was mystery boys name.
"I’m Leah Clearwater. You’re new here right?" I asked trying to start a conversation.
"Yeah I moved here from New York."
"What’s it like?" I blurted out.
I always wanted to go to New York but I never got the chance.
I was planning on going a couple of weeks after I found out about Sam and Emily, but then dad Umm……
I couldn’t bring myself to even think of it.
"It’s very noisy." He responded
"Isn’t like all the things they say in the commercials. The city of lights?" I asked hoping I didn’t sound like a complete idiot.
"Well.. yeah I suppose but that’s just one side of it. So were are you heading?"
"I was heading home."
"I’ll walk you." He offered
"I would love that." I said probably grinning like a fool.
We started walking and I actually got to get a good look at him. I loved how his black hair would sway with the wind.
He almost had the bad-boy look down but if you look into his perfect blue eyes. You see that there’s a down to earth guy there. We walked most of the way in a comfortable silence.
By the time we got to my house I didn’t want the walk to end.
"This is my stop" I said with a tint of disappointment in my voice.
I turned my head and saw that he had a frown on his beautiful red lips.
"I’ll see you tomorrow Hayden." I said. Not wanting to say goodbye. It looked like neither did he.
"See you tomorrow Leah." He said before he turned around.
A small smile made it’s way to my lips as I watched his retreating figure.
I felt in total bliss when I walked through the door.

No comments: